For the next seven weeks, let's help our students recognize the world around them by asking our students to pass thanks around. Will you please have your student participate in the way that works best for your student? For example, a student could thank someone verbally, in writing via email, by sending or dropping off a card or drawing, etc.
Week 1, January 14: Thank your current teacher.
BOBCAT BOOK CLUB
The PTA will be hosting Bobcat Book club virtually this year. Students in grades K-5 are welcome to participate. Each grade will have its own grade level appropriate book to read and discuss. Please watch for an email from your classroom parent with all the information! Questions? Contact Amanda Fiedler.
- When: Fridays for four weeks; February 5, 12, 19 and 26.
- Time: 3:00 - 3:30 pm.
- Cost: Free! This is a PTA sponsored event.
- Please let your classroom parent know if your student will be participating by Monday, January 18.
- Books will be delivered to your house by January 29.
- Parent volunteer needed for each grade. Please let your room parent know if you are interested in leading book club for your grade by Friday, January 22.
FOUNDATION 205 VIRTUAL SHOWCASE
Foundation 205 is hosting a Virtual Showcase: Standing Strong for our Students
on February 6th at 7pm. The event is free to watch, but there are multiple opportunities to support BOTH our students and local businesses. Visit the website
to register and get direct access to the online auction beginning February 1st. The evening will feature national comedian Pat McGann, TikTok sensation Sofie Sanfillipo and performances from York, Sandburg and Edison. The event will run about 45 minutes and will also highlight teachers and students from across the district implementing grants supported by Foundation 205. The current needs of our students are even greater in this new educational landscape. The ability to respond with innovative resources and support will play a critical role in their success throughout this pandemic and beyond.
Thank you to the PTA Reflections Committee chairs for all of their hard work in coordinating and orchestrating this year's program with the theme "I Matter Because." The Committee would like to share and congratulate the list of entries advancing to the District level. District judging will occur between now and mid January.
Film: Evelyn Reedy - Int - Edison School - "Storm of Hope"
- Join the Edison PTA HERE
- Edison Fundraiser - Smile.Amazon.com - Register "Edison PTA inc" as your charity of choice.
- Edison Fundraiser - Turn in Box Tops via the app or in the Edison office.
- Edison Yearbook - Submit yearbook pictures via email or post on the Facebook Group.
- Elmhurst Music Boosters - Join here to support band, orchestra, and choir in grades 4-8.