EDISON DADS' CLUB
Edison Dad's Club is having a special evening on Thursday, February 20 from 7:00-9:00 pm. Edison dad, Craig Comparato, is generously opening his home for an evening of playing his 35+ Pinball and Arcade games. This is a great opportunity to meet other Edison dads, play some great games, and raise some money for the Edison PTA. We are asking for a $10 donation at the door. Event location and other info will be given once you RSVP to Russ Perr or Scott Rathbun.
EDISON PARENTS NIGHT OUT
Deadline to register: Friday, February 21.
Get ready for an unBOWLievable
night of fun! Book the babysitter and save the date for a night of bowling! We hope all Edison parents will join us on this fun and casual night out. This adult only event will be held at Stardust Bowl on Friday, February 28, 7:00-10:00 pm. Teams of 6 are encouraged, but not required. The cost is $22 per person and includes bowling, shoe rental, pizza and pop. Register your team HERE
and purchase your tickets HERE
. Questions? Contact Laura Gibson
KIDS HEART CHALLENGE
February is Heart Health Month. Edison students will be jumping rope for the Kids Heart Challenge on February 25 and 27 during PE class. We need some help from parents! If you are interested, please sign up HERE.
spring after school programS
- Stage Stars is back by popular demand, and registration is open for the spring session. Mondays, March 9th - May 18th, 3:15 - 4:15 PM (10 classes - No class 3/23). To sign up for Stage Stars, please visit: https://www.learningmeansfun.com/signup. You will need to enter the course code EEE3.9.20 to register. Please register by 10pm PST on 3/1 for the early bird price of $140.00. We will need parent volunteers for this program, if you would like to sign up to volunteer for all 10 classes you will receive FREE enrollment for one child. If we do not have a parent volunteer for all 10 classes, we will send out a sign-up genius and ask that each parent volunteers for 1 class.
- Sticky Fingers is full.
EDISON BOBCATS RUN FOR CALEB
The beneficiary of the 2020 No Frills Fun Run is Edison student Caleb Kapsalis!!! Edison parents, grab your running shoes, thrown on your warm purple Bobcat gear and join our "Edison Bobcats Run" team on February 23. Additional information and registration. (Note: This is not a District 205 or Edison PTA sponsored event.)
Can't join the team? Support the cause in other ways!
- Coins for Caleb: Let's show our support for Edison's own Caleb Kapsalis. Please bring in some coins from your piggy banks to support our classmate. We are hoping for at least $1 per Edison student in order to make at least a $283 donation to the No Frills Fun Run in Caleb's honor. (Larger donations are certainly welcome.) We will also use some of the money to buy Caleb a new lego set and some toys for his cat, Casper. We will be collecting in the office Monday, February 10 thru Friday, February 21.
- Caleb's Corner: Come out on race day Sunday, February 23, to "Caleb's Corner," an Edison tent sponsored by the Edison PTA, L.W. Reedy Real Estate, and the Ries family. We will gather starting at 8:00 am at the beginning of the race course. Look for the white tent at York Rd and the Prairie Path. The race starts at 8:30 a.m. We will be cheering on runners/walkers, including our own "Edison Bobcats Run" team. We will have a DJ, hot chocolate, Bobcat stickers, and we will be handing out water to the runners. Please wear purple, bring a parent (adult supervision required per race rules), and please bring a poster to show your support for Caleb. Nearby Olympic Chiropractic will be open for restrooms and warmth.
Please join us for Edison's Science Olympiad on Friday, March 6th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm. Click this registration link
to enroll your student and to volunteer as a parent. (It takes approximately 75-80 volunteers to pull off this event. Please sign up to volunteer as a parent team leader, supply helper, experiment leader or set-up/clean-up help.) Registration will close on Wednesday, February 26. We will assemble all registrants and put teams together, with assignments going out on February 29. Learn more about Science Olympiad
. Questions? Contact Margaret Nelson
(registration) Anne Dennett
or Megan Farley
EDISON TRIVIA NIGHT
Get your captains hats, croquet clubs and argyle socks ready because it’s time for Edison Trivia Night - this year's theme is Hamptons Social! As always, dressing the part is highly
encouraged. Suggested attire ideas include your wildest golf and tennis outfits, anything nautical or preppy, all white, pastel colors, argyle prints… get creative and dress to impress! Join us on Saturday, April 4, 7:00-11:00 pm at the Knights of Columbus. Trivia will start promptly at 7:30 pm. The cost is $40 per person and teams will consist of 8 people. Snacks and pizza will be provided and there will be a cash bar. Register electronically
or drop off a completed flyer
in the office. Payment can be submitted electronically via Memberhub
or a check made payable to the Edison PTA. Questions? Contact Melissa Pittman
or Katie Balke
SIX FLAGS READ TO SUCCEED
Six Flags Read to Succeed is an exciting program that encourages students in grades K - 6 to read for fun. Students who complete six hours of recreational reading earn a free ticket to Six Flags! Students can begin reading now, and must complete their six hours by Friday, April 3rd. A flyer will be coming home this week. Please note the change to an eReading log - paper forms will no longer be accepted
. Parents register online using the Edison code provided, and then select your child's teacher. Multiple students can be registered under one parent account, and then hours will be logged per child. Questions? Contact Nikki Dolvig
2019-2020 Edison Yearbook
Please take and send in pictures of your children at Edison events so that we can commemorate this year's fun and fill our yearbook pages. Questions? Contact Katie Glavinskas.
REACH Identification and Appeal Parents of students in grades 2 and 5 will receive notification on February 3, 2020 by the end of the day if their child will participate in REACH for the 2020-2021 school year. Only students who will be participating in the program will receive notice. If you do not receive notification, you may file an appeal. The appeal window is from February 3-21. The form is on the REACH website.
- The Elmhurst PTA Council awards as many scholarships as possible to York seniors. There are many ways to help to fund these, the more we raise the more we award! Please join the PTA Council at these events this spring:
February 28: Livia 12:30 pm: Lunching for Dukes. Sign up HERE
March 10: Livia ALL DAY: PTA Scholarship Eat and Earn. Livia will be donating 10% of all sales from this day to the PTA Council Scholarship.
- Not playing the Jewel Monopoly game? The Elmhurst Yorkfield Food Pantry is collecting Monopoly tickets! Please consider collecting the tickets and sending them with your child to the school, we will collect them in the office. In past years, the food pantry has redeemed these winning tickets for thousands of dollars cash and food prizes. This is an easy and free way to support the pantry and our local community.