URGENT: VOLUNTEER LUNCH SUPERVISORS NEEDED (Volunteer or get paid!)
Edison Elementary is looking for twelve volunteers each day to help supervise lunch from 11:20-12:20 beginning April 12. This is a great opportunity to connect with the school community and students. Parent Lunch Orientation is in person, April 8 from 11:45 to 12:45, to discuss the lunch plan, what is expected and to answer questions. For more information and to SIGN UP, CLICK HERE. Thank you! Questions? Contact Tracy Ries.
Want to get paid? As we prepare to bring students back for full day instruction, we are in need of lunch and recess supervisors from 9:45-1:15 each day (willing to be flexible with hours & days). If you are interested, please complete an online application using the link below. Lunch/Recess Supervisor Application https://www.applitrack.com/.../jobpostings/view.asp...
EDISON YEARBOOK - order deadline April 15
Remember to order your Edison Yearbook! The order and page customization deadline is April 15th. Go to www.treering.com/validate and enter Edison's passcode:1013777030152436. Questions about the yearbook? Contact Michelle Hlinak.
EDISON PTA SLATE 2021/2022
Edison PTA presents the slate of candidates for the 2021-22 PTA Executive Committee. We are still seeking candidates for Ways & Means and Membership. Please contact John Bishof if you are interested or have a suggestion to fill the opening. The below candidates will be voted on at the April general PTA meeting. Thank you to our Nominating Committee for your time and effort.
- President: John Bishof
- 1st Vice President, President Elect: Mary Bis
- 2nd Vice President, Ways & Means: Jason Peel and ________
- 3rd Vice President, Membership: Nikki Dolvig and Kaytee Vosicky
- 4th Vice President, Programs: Lesley Gunderson and Kristen O'Rourke
- Recording Secretary: Megan Anderson
- Treasurer: Michelle Farmer
- Communications Coordinator: Tracy Ries
- Website Administrator: Kate Skattum
5TH GRADE YEAR END EVENTS
If you would like to join a committee to plan special 5th Grade year-end events, please email Gwen Reedy. This year’s events may be “re-imagined”: virtual slide show, yard signs, Sandburg spiritwear, handprints in the Multi Purpose Room, lock week, and teacher-and-staff memory books for students, (to name a few ideas from the Class of 2020). Questions? Contact Gwen Reedy
2021/2022 SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Once again, we are collaborating with 1st Day School Supplies to make school supply shopping convenient, easy, hassle free, and SAFE! Just like last year the supply kits will be delivered directly to your child's classroom. 1st Day School supplies offers the highest quality brands including the germ fighting brands like Purell and Clorox. You can check school supplies off your to-do list right now, get started by clicking HERE. Orders must be placed by June 30, 2021. Questions? Contact Robin Stephens.
D205 PTA YORK SCHOLARSHIP FUNDRAISER TODAY
The final fundraiser for the York Senior Scholarship fund is nearing! Save the date for an Eat & Earn at McDonald's on Wednesday, April 7th, 4-8 pm! With 3 participating McDonald's you won't have to wait in long drive thru lines! Download a JPG copy of the flyer. Participating locations:
- 190 E Butterfield Rd in Elmhurst
- 920 N York St in Elmhurst
- 350 E St. Charles Rd in Villa Park.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK - Order Deadline Friday
Foundation 205 created the Impact for Education Award program as a way for families to recognize educators in a personal way while also supporting Foundation 205 and local Elmhurst businesses. Each Impact for Education Award costs $25. This includes a $5 donation to Foundation 205 and a $20 gift certificate to a local business. Families can choose from a list of business partners and submit a personal message to each teacher. Foundation 205 will deliver each gift card with the accompanying note during Teacher Appreciation Week at the beginning of May. To see a list of participating businesses and purchase an Impact for Education Award, please visit this site. The deadline to order is THIS Friday, April 9.
REACH PARENT GROUP
Reach Parent Group meetings/presentations are open to all D205 parents. Past Meeting Minutes/Presentations are posted on the REACH website, social media, and emailed to all subscribers. Questions? Contact Gwen Reedy or Pragna Dave.
- REACH Program Proposal, “paused” Follow link for details on recent analysis and proposed recommendations (presentation and video recording), Superintendent memo to BOE, and other updates.
- April 16, 11:30 am - REACH Parent Group monthly meeting. Zoom. (Meeting ID: 830 8071 2382. Passcode: 568918.) Topic: Appeals and updates from the March 16 D205 Board of Education REACH presentation.
- April 16, 5:00 pm - FIRM DEADLINE for REACH Appeal Application
The state level judging is complete for this year's Reflections program "I Matter Because"... Several of our Elmhurst students either received Honorable Mention or advanced to the National level. The full list of results are attached below. Congratulations to all students!
- Film Production - Advanced to the National Level
Shea Coleman - primary division - "Dream Matters" - Hawthorne School
- Film Production - Honorable Mention
Gracie Zelasko - intermediate division - "Why Gracie Matters" - Fischer School
- Literature - Advanced to the National Level
Evan Seiler - primary division - "I Am" - Field School
- Literature - Honorable Mention
Rowan Hoppe - intermediate division - "Life of A Tree" - Hawthorne School
- Music Composition - Advanced to the National Level
Elsie Proctor - primary division - "I Matter" - Fischer School
- Music Composition - Honorable Mention
Charlie Smith - primary division - "Original Drumbeat" - Jackson School
- Photography - Advanced to the National Level
Charles Connor - intermediate division - "Towering Tree" - Lincoln School
- Visual Arts - Honorable Mention
Neka Chwojko - intermediate division - "A Helpful Community" - Lincoln School
- Visual Arts - Honorable Mention
Delilah Kamins - middle school division - "A Spark In The Dark" - Churchville MS
- Join the Edison PTA HERE
- Edison Fundraiser - Smile.Amazon.com - Register "Edison PTA inc" as your charity of choice.
- Edison Fundraiser - Turn in Box Tops via the app or in the Edison office.
- Edison Yearbook - Submit yearbook pictures via email or post on the Facebook Group.
- Elmhurst Music Boosters - Join here to support band, orchestra, and choir in grades 4-8.